About the Alliance Française Volunteer Program
The dedicated team of volunteers at the Alliance Française de Denver helps ensure the efficiency and quality of the many programs and services offered by the organization.
Volunteers at the Alliance assist with administrative, library, event planning projects and more depending on your interests and schedule. Missions always vary, but volunteers may be asked to carry out such tasks as: reshelving books, setting up and breaking down events, serving food and beverages, updating databases, prepping development documents, assisting with fundraising events, and more.
Ready to Join Us?
If you are have a passion for France, French, or Francophone culture and are excited about becoming a member of the Alliance Française de Denver community, join our volunteer team!
If interested, please email email@example.com
About the Alliance Française Internship Program
The Alliance de Denver is offering a minimum 2 months (preferably 5 months) unpaid internship for college students (preferably bilingual)
Intern at Alliance Française de Denver, the Center for All Things French in the Rocky Mountain Region. Since 1897, the Alliance Française de Denver has been a thriving French school, resource center, and cultural center.
The Alliance seeks one Marketing and Development intern to support the Marketing and Development Manager in all marketing and development projects.
These opportunities provide hands-on event planning, community outreach, grant writing, development work, public relations, and volunteer coordination within a historic nonprofit organization. The ideal candidate will be an outgoing, focused and organized self-starter; preferably a Junior or Senior undergraduate interested in nonprofits, event planning, public relations, and development.
The position will require the intern to be mentored by the Alliance Francaise’s Marketing and Development Manager on a number of projects, which may include, but are not limited to:
- Community outreach to businesses, community centers, French related organizations and more for new partnerships
- Researching and recruiting sponsors. Creating sponsorship packages
- Data Entry
- Revamping membership benefits
- Researching and reaching out to new media outlets/contacts
- Increasing class registration with new students and retaining prior students
- Creating attractive AFD promotional material
- Increasing event turnout
- Staying for events after work hours
- Grant research
- Creating and disseminating, engaging press materials about AFD and its activities
- Other responsibilities that may come up
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL and ABILITY:
- Strong online research skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and remain organized
- Creative and energetic self-starter, able to take initiative, work independently, and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in person, in writing, and over the phone
- French language skills and knowledge of French and/or Francophone cultures is a plus
- Current undergraduate student or recent graduate with experience or coursework in project management, cultural event planning, marketing, public relations, or communications.
- Personal vehicle is preferred*
The Alliance Française de Denver is the local independent branch of the nonprofit Alliance Française worldwide network. Its mission is to increase awareness of and interest in French cultures and language within our local community. It has policies and practices of non-discrimination. It offers a variety of cultural and social events, and quality courses with emphasis on conversational French.
SCHEDULING AND AVAILABILITY:
Hours: 2-3 days a week (12-20 hours per week). Scheduling is flexible, but must fall within business hours of 9 am – 6 pm. This internship is unpaid. Interns are expected to commit to a minimum of two months. Some hours may fall outside business hours and the intern is expected to be present.
Please send all requests (your resume and a cover letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org