About the Alliance Française Volunteer Program
The dedicated team of volunteers at the Alliance Française de Denver helps ensure the efficiency and quality of the many programs and services offered by the organization.
Volunteers at the Alliance assist with administrative, library, event planning projects and more depending on your interests and schedule. Missions always vary, but volunteers may be asked to carry out such tasks as: reshelving books, setting up and breaking down events, serving food and beverages, updating databases, prepping development documents, assisting with fundraising events, and more.
Ready to Join Us?
If you are have a passion for France, French, or Francophone culture and are excited about becoming a member of the Alliance Française de Denver community, join our volunteer team!
If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Alliance Française Internship Program
The Alliance de Denver is offering a minimum 2 months (preferably 5 months) unpaid internship for college students (preferably bilingual)
Intern at Alliance Française de Denver, the Center for All Things French in the Rocky Mountain Region. Since 1897, the Alliance Française de Denver has been a thriving French school, resource center, and cultural center.
The Alliance seeks one Cultural Project Management intern to support the Executive Director in organizing its annual French Film Festival for Kids (Festinema Junior 2017 with the Denver Film Society, involving 23 schools of the Denver Metro Area and 24 different chapters of the Alliance Francaise across the USA) and one Development intern to support the Executive Director in planning 2017 cultural programs and partnerships.
These opportunities provide hands-on event planning, community outreach, grant writing, public relations, and volunteer coordination within a historic nonprofit organization. The ideal candidate will be an outgoing and organized Junior or Senior undergraduate student interested in nonprofits, event planning, public relations, and communications.
The positions will require the interns to be mentored by the Alliance Francaise’s ED on a number of projects, which may include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in all elements of event planning for 2017, including the organization of Festinema Junior 2017
- Managing and update social media including an active Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and MeetUp page
- Developing and implementing engaging social media campaigns
- Commenting and connecting with related blogs and social media outlets
- Updating AFD’s website
- Establishing an engaging twitter presence, blog, and podcast
- Sending Press Releases to Media
- Creating and disseminating, engaging press materials about AFD and its activities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL and ABILITY:
- Strong online research skills and social media skills across multiple channels
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and remain organized
- Creative and energetic self-starter, able to take initiative, work independently, and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in person, in writing, and over the phone
- French language skills and knowledge of French and/or Francophone cultures is a plus
- Current undergraduate student or recent graduate with experience or coursework in project management, cultural event planning, marketing, public relations, or communications.
The Alliance Française de Denver is the local independent branch of the nonprofit Alliance Française worldwide network. Its mission is to increase awareness of and interest in French cultures and language within our local community. It has policies and practices of non-discrimination. It offers a variety of cultural and social events, and quality courses with emphasis on conversational French.
SCHEDULING AND AVAILABILITY:
Hours: 2-3 days a week (12-20 hours per week). Scheduling is flexible, but must fall within business hours of 9 am – 6 pm. This internship is unpaid. Interns are expected to commit to a minimum of two months.
Please send all requests (your resume and a cover letter) to email@example.com