Global Village Academy is an innovative charter school. Students learn core content through language immersion in their choice of French, Spanish, Mandarin, or Russian (depending on the school). GVA is truly a "global village." Our immersion teachers come from all over the world, each bringing their unique culture and language into the classroom. United by a common core, students are challenged to become world class thinkers, capable of engaging ideas using multiple languages and cross-cultural perspectives, through internationally bench-marked curriculum spanning each language village.
As a French Immersion Teacher, you must possess native or near native fluency in French; teach elementary and/or middle school grade language, literature, writing and other core subjects to immersion students; established individual performance goals; have good student management skills; work with other Immersion team members and administration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
RELOCATION IS NOT PROVIDED FOR THIS POSITION.
We are looking for an after school nanny to watch our 2nd grade daughter who is in the French program at the International School of Denver. Responsibilities include: Picking her up from school and driving her home, helping her get a snack, helping with homework, and occasionally bringing her to her after school activities (soccer, dance etc) which are all within 5 miles of our house. Hours are approximately 3/3:30-5pm Mon-Fri. Approx 10 hours a week total. Salary $15-20/hour based on experience. Need to have a reliable car.
Contact: Michelle @ email@example.com
Job Title: Middle School French Teacher
Start Date: August 4, 2021
Reports To: Principal/Assistant Principal
Aspen View Academy is a K-8 charter school located in Castle Rock, Colorado, with approximately 950 students. AVA is an energetic school, subject to changing work environments, adaptation of new educational principles and values, with a strong culture and high expectations for character development. Adaptability to change is essential, often demanding a commitment to flexibility, wearing many hats and pitching in where you can to ensure the best outcomes for students.
Our Mission: Aspen View Academy (AVA) will succeed through academic excellence in a challenging and stimulating learning environment that emphasizes math, technology and language arts, enabling our students to become critical thinkers, responsible citizens, strong community members and future leaders.
Our Vision: We recognize that an education is incomplete without fostering the arts, sports, nature, and character. Together, with our students, faculty, parents and community, we will develop civic and personal responsibility, intellectual passion and differentiated instruction in a safe, orderly, balanced and nurturing environment.
Educator Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responsible for conducting an organized and professional classroom:
• Teaches according to curriculum guidelines specified by Aspen View Academy. Further develops a high-level, challenging curriculum in subject area. Maintains ongoing curriculum evaluation and development to meet the needs of students. Collaborates with other faculty in delivery of appropriate instructional approaches, working to serve the various learning styles and needs of Aspen View Academy students.
• Implements curriculum and instruction in a manner consistent with Aspen View Academy’s Mission Statement, including understanding, modeling and fostering independent thinking skills, creative problem solving and abstract reasoning. Shows empathy and understanding of students. Shares ideas and observations with students and parents.
2. Develops with parents and students a cooperative partnership based on mutual respect and objectivity:
• Assesses student performance frequently and objectively,
• Facilitates resolution of problems that might arise with students and parents,
• Holds parent/student/teacher conferences in a manner consistent with Aspen View Academy ’s Community Handbook, and
• Encourages parents to be contributors to the classrooms as volunteers.
3.Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Aspen View Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does do not discriminate on the basis of any status protected by law or regulation.
$22 - 30/hr
Private family seeks an energetic, active, joyful, fun, and creative teacher to provide academic enrichment for 5 year-old boy/girl twins.
Gunbarrel/ North Boulder
• Candidate is expected to have a background in early childhood education and/or some experience teaching; Also open to someone who teaches music, dance, voice and/or art.
• Must be able to pass a fingerprint clearance, background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications
25 hours per week to start, somewhat flexible on days and times, 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM Monday & Friday, and possibility for more hours. 1 weekend per month.
+1 212 920 5706
Hi, we are looking for someone who speaks French to pick up our kids, ages 4 and 6, after school starting in August. Homework help may be
needed for the 6-year-old.
Location: South Denver/Glendale
$20 - 25/hr
10-15 hours per week, Monday through Friday 3 to 5 or 6 PM
Have a valid driver’s license; have your own car; pass a background check; provide references; speak French; previous experience in this same role is a plus.
Marie Bancroft, email@example.com