New Job PostingsLooking to join the ranks of the Alliance Française de Denver? Apply now!
BILINGUAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT/RECEPTIONIST
This position is the pulse of the Alliance Française de Denver office and it is key to our nonprofit’s success. The Administrative Assistant/Receptioninst is often the first contact for potential and existing students, members and customers, and is responsible for class and event registration, membership, maintaining office supplies, taking payments and other miscellaneous duties supporting the administrative team.
- Manage the front desk and physically welcome people, show them the premises and present the services offered, answer phone and emails inquiries (sometimes in French)
- Manage group classes: Create the classes, proceed the payment, confirm classes and cancellations, assign classrooms, certificates of completion, credit letters, evaluations, organize and proceed Mid Term Survey
- Manage Private classes: Enrollment, payment, contracts, coupons, assignments, follow-up and renewal
- Enroll members in events: Registration, payment, cancellation, attend some events, support in planning and management as needed
- Enter payments in accounting software. Payment plans and payments due.
- Manage membership cards: Enrollment, payment, process the cards
- Office supply orders, order books (in coordination with the Office Manager)
- Maintain classrooms and equipment
- Manage the Library: Enrollment (included Culturetheque), circulation, reshelf materials, late fees
- French exams: Enrollment, payment and filing, communication with candidates regarding certificate pick-up
- Manage the translations: Communication between customer and translator, payment, filling
- Support the supervision of interns
- Help sending press release/information to the media about the school, events and more.
- Help managing the AFD website with content updates and page creation including an online shopping cart with over 200 products
This position description is not designed to spell out all the duties and tasks associated with this employment; all the Alliance Française de Denver staff is expected to fulfill both essential and secondary job duties and requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Detail-oriented (IMPERATIVE)
- Ability to multitask and remain organized
- Ability to work four evenings per week (Mon-Thurs until 6:30pm) and Saturday mornings (9-1.00pm). Total: 34hr. per week
- Solid knowledge of generally accepted standards of customer service and conflict resolution
- General proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook
- Very strong communications skills – ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, with the public, employees and students on a daily basis
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Intermediate French proficiency (speaking) a plus
- Nonprofit experience a plus
The Alliance Française de Denver (www.afdenver.org) is the local independent branch of the Nonprofit Alliance Française world-wide network. Its mission is to increase awareness and interest in French culture and language within the local community. It has policies and practices of non-discrimination. It offers a variety of cultural and social events, and quality courses with an emphasis on conversational French.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter and resume to our Office Manager Sonja Balstad at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5PM on Monday, February 26, 2018.
Only candidates with work permit in the USA will be considered.
• DENVER MAIN OFFICE
Alliance Française de Denver
571 Galapago Street
Denver, CO 80204
M-Th 9:00AM-6:30 PM
Fri 9:00 AM-5:00 PM
M-Th: 9:00 AM to 6:30 PM
F: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
• BOULDER CLASSES
Blossom French Bilingual School
4700 Sioux Dr
Boulder, CO 80303
• EVERGREEN CLASSES
Center for the Arts Evergreen
31880 Rocky Village Dr.
Evergreen, CO 80469
• CENTENNIAL CLASSES
Francy’s Gourmet Coffee & Food Shop
10111 Inverness Main St. Ste. M
Englewood, CO 80112