Join Our Team of VolunteersOur dedicated team of volunteers helps ensure the efficiency and quality of the many programs and services offered at the Alliance Française de Denver.
Volunteers at the AFD assist with administrative, library, or event planning projects depending on their interests and schedule. Missions are varied. Our volunteers may be asked to carry out such tasks as re-shelving library books, setting up and breaking down events, serving food and beverages during special events, updating our databases, assisting with development documents, helping with fundraising events, and much more…
Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age as well as fluent in English or French. We hope that through volunteering at the Alliance Française de Denver, you will find personal enrichment through connecting with fellow Francophiles, and experience cultural immersion and continual learning. Thanks to our dedicated group of volunteers, we are proud to be able to provide our many programs and events.
Are you READY TO JOIN US?
If you have a passion for France, French, or Francophone culture and are excited to becoming an active member of the Alliance Française de Denver community, we and our team of volunteers, welcome you!
Internship ProgramThe Alliance Française de Denver is offering a minimum 2 months (up to 5 months) unpaid internship for college students (preferably bilingual.)
Interested in interning at the Alliance Française de Denver, the Center for All Things French in the Rocky Mountain Region? Since 1897, the Alliance Française de Denver has been a thriving French language school, resource center, and Francophone cultural center.
The AFD is the local independent branch of the nonprofit Alliance Française worldwide network. Its mission is to increase awareness of and interest in French cultures and language within our local community. It has policies and practices of non-discrimination. It offers a variety of cultural and social events, and quality courses with emphasis on conversational French.
TheAlliance Française de Denver is seeking one Marketing and Development intern to support the Marketing and Development Manager in all marketing and development projects.
This opportunities provide hands-on event planning, community outreach, grant writing, development work, public relations, and volunteer coordination within a historic nonprofit organization. The ideal candidate will be an outgoing, focused and organized self-starter; preferably a Junior or Senior undergraduate student interested in nonprofit organizations, event planning, public relations, and development.
The position require the intern to be mentored by the AFD’s Marketing and Development Manager on a number of projects, which may include, but are not limited to:
- Community outreach to businesses, community centers, French related organizations and more
- Researching and recruiting sponsors, creating sponsorship packages
- Data entry
- Updating membership benefits
- Researching and reaching out to new media outlets/contacts
- Increasing class registration with new students and retaining prior students
- Creating attractive AFD promotional material
- Increasing event turnout
- Staying for events after work hours
- Grant research
- Creating and disseminating, engaging press materials about AFD and its activities
- Other responsibilities that may come up
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL and ABILITY:
- Strong online research skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and remain organized
- Creative and energetic self-starter, able to take initiative, work independently, and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in person, in writing, and over the phone
- French language skills and knowledge of French and/or Francophone cultures is a plus
- Current undergraduate student or recent graduate with experience or coursework in project management, cultural event planning, marketing, public relations, or communications.
- Personal vehicle is preferred
SCHEDULING AND AVAILABILITY:
Hours: 2-3 days a week (12-20 hours per week). Scheduling is flexible, but must fall within business hours of 9 am–6 pm. This internship is unpaid. Interns are expected to commit to a minimum of two months. Some hours may fall outside business hours and the intern is expected to be present.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your internship request and email it to AFD Marketing Manager.
• DENVER MAIN OFFICE
Alliance Française de Denver
571 Galapago Street
Denver, CO 80204
M-Th 9:00AM-6:30 PM
Fri 9:00 AM-5:00 PM
M-Th: 9:00 AM to 6:30 PM
F: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
• BOULDER CLASSES
Blossom French Bilingual School
4700 Sioux Dr
Boulder, CO 80303
• EVERGREEN CLASSES
Center for the Arts Evergreen
31880 Rocky Village Dr.
Evergreen, CO 80469
• CENTENNIAL CLASSES
Francy’s Gourmet Coffee & Food Shop
10111 Inverness Main St. Ste. M
Englewood, CO 80112