A FRENCH LANGUAGE MULTIMEDIA LIBRARY IN THE HEART OF DENVER
Open during AFD office hours, our library is the perfect place to read and study in a quiet environment. It is located on the first floor,
next to classroom 2 by the door to the patio.
M-Th: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
F: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Sa: 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
EASY ACCESS TO OUR CATALOG
You can access the AFD library catalog conveniently online for easy browsing.
- Just type in “Alliance Francaise” in the library name field (no other password is needed.)
- Search for books you are interested in.
- Come visit our library to retrieve them.
Access AFD’s Online Catalog >
We gladly accept donations, in french only, for:
- Books for kids and teenagers
Books for Adults that have been published and/or printed in the last five years. Due to the limited size of our library we are
unable to accept books older than 5 years.
- DVDs (Zone 1)
- French language board games (containing all the pieces)
AN AFD MEMBERSHIP BENEFIT
As a member of the Alliance Française de Denver, you have free access to our French library consisting of over 5,500 books, movies, CDs and
GENERAL LIBRARY PROCEDURES
- Up to 7 books or magazines can be checked out at one time, for up to 4 weeks.
- 2 audio/video materials or games can be checked out for up to 1 week.
- Overdue materials will be charged $0.10 per item per day. Overdue fines must be paid before continuing to use the library.
A convenient book drop, located to the left of our main office front door, is available to return items outside of our regular business
CULTURETHÈQUE USA: OUR ONLINE MULTIMEDIA LIBRARY
Culturethèque: A free online library to immerse yourself in the French language.
AN AFD MEMBERSHIP BENEFIT
We are proud to offer our free Culturethèque USA online digital library to members of the Alliance Française de Denver.
Conveniently accessed from your personal computer, tablet or smartphone, you can read French magazines as they hit newsstands, view concerts
and shows, listen to lectures, read e-books and comics, enhance your language skills with materials tailored to your needs as well as
introduce you children to French language and culture.
WHAT DOES THE CULTURETHÈQUE OFFER?
- Over 400 magazines, 1,000 books, 200 comics, 300 videos and 370 learning materials.
- 24/7 access from your personal computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Materials for kids and adults alike!
WHAT CAN I VIEW?
Everything that Culturethèque offers:
- Catch up on your favorite magazines' latest issues
- View concerts and shows
- Listen to lectures
- Read e-books and comics
- Give French cooking a try with many different cookbooks available
- Take advantage of language-learning materials tailored to your needs
- Introduce your kids to French with tailored cultural learning materials
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS
Subscribe today! Access to the Culturethèque is offered free of charge to the Alliance Française de Denver members.
- Access the Culturethèque website >
- Select French or English on top right-hand corner and click “Subscribe.”
- Create your login using your first and last name with no spaces as your user name (ie. janedoe.)
- Be sure to select Alliance Française de Denver in the drop down menu.
- This will start a 24-hour trial period.
- Your membership will be confirmed and your account activated by the AFD staff. This last step usually takes one full business day.
Our new library pick of the month!
JEAN DE BRUNHOFF – BABAR ET LE PÈRE NOEL
The magic of Christmas told through the eyes of Babar, our beloved French King of Elephants.
GOSCINNY & UDERZO – ASTERIX, LE GRAND FOSSÉ
Another great adventure for our Gaul hero. How can peace be restored in the village when a new trench is dug in the middle?
EMILE ZOLA – LA JOIE DE VIVRE
One of the Rougon-Macquart series, the story of Pauline facing the Chanteau household is a gripping tale of hope against adversity.
WHAT OUR MEMBERS ARE SAYING
"Great classes, great events, great people."
"What an awesome place to meet people who enjoy French Culture! I have never seen so many people from different countries get together at Alliance Française for the World Cup Final! Everyone was welcome and had a blast, thanks to the director Martin Lafitte!"
“Anne is fantastic! The material is fast paced for this ‘old dog’ to learn new tricks, but we couldn’t go slower. It’s been very helpful to prepare me for my trip to France.”
“A great place to learn and practice French while getting acquainted with French culture and interesting people. I definitely recommend AFD and their events. Je parle français! Et vous?”